OpenCL in Action is a radical, hands-on presentation of OpenCL, with a watch towards displaying builders the right way to construct high-performance functions in their personal. It starts through offering the middle strategies at the back of OpenCL, together with vector computing, parallel programming, and multi-threaded operations, after which publications you step by step from easy facts constructions to complicated functions.
About the Technology
Whatever method you've got, it most likely has extra uncooked processing strength than you are utilizing. OpenCL is a high-performance programming language that maximizes computational strength by means of executing on CPUs, pix processors, and different number-crunching units. it really is excellent for speed-sensitive initiatives like vector computing, matrix operations, and snap shots acceleration.
About this Book
OpenCL in Action blends the idea of parallel computing with the sensible truth of creating high-performance purposes utilizing OpenCL. It first courses you thru the elemental information constructions in an intuitive demeanour. Then, it explains options for high-speed sorting, photo processing, matrix operations, and speedy Fourier rework. The publication concludes with a deep examine the all-important topic of images acceleration. various hard examples provide you with other ways to scan with operating code.
A history in C or C++ is beneficial, yet no past publicity to OpenCL is needed.
buy of the print publication comes with a suggestion of a loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle booklet from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the ebook.
- Learn OpenCL step via step
- Tons of annotated code
- Tested algorithms for max performance
Table of Contents
PART 1 FOUNDATIONS OF OPENCL PROGRAMMING
- Introducing OpenCL
- Host programming: basic facts structures
- Host programming: info move and partitioning
- Kernel programming: facts varieties and machine memory
- Kernel programming: operators and capabilities
- Image processing
- Events, profiling, and synchronization
- Development with C++
- Development with Java and Python
- General coding principles
PART 2 CODING functional ALGORITHMS IN OPENCL
- Reduction and sorting
- Matrices and QR decomposition
- Sparse matrices
- Signal processing and the quick Fourier transform
PART three ACCELERATING OPENGL WITH OPENCL
- Combining OpenCL and OpenGL
- Textures and renderbuffers